This program is for families of students in the ASD program and/or in the substantially separate classrooms to hear from upper grade parent/caregivers about what to expect and strategies for transitioning schools. We invite you to this virtual caregiver-to-caregiver meetup during April school break. There are two separate sessions both at 7-8pm on Zoom.
Who should attend: Families with students in the ASD program and/or in the substantially separate classrooms who are headed to middle school or high school.
Program: A panel of 5-6 upper grade caregivers will speak for 5 minutes each about what to expect in the upper grade — either at Cambridge Street Upper School or Cambridge Rindge and Latin School. Panel discussion is followed by 30 minutes of Q&A with your questions.
Parent/caregiver panelists will talk about:
- The experiences of students in the ASD program at the upper grade school (CSUS for rising 6th graders, CRLS for rising 9th graders)
- The experiences of students in the substantially separate classrooms at the upper grade school
- What every rising grade caregiver/parent should know
- Best practices at the upper grade school: how to help our children get the most out of the upper grade school
- Any recommended classes and after school club/options
- Other things to be aware of
Questions? please contact email@example.com
For caregivers of rising 6th graders: at 7-8pm on Tuesday, April 18 on Zoom. Register to get a Zoom link at: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAod-CgrzsiHNUlKU4xQ5npcNz2RJm85TJa
For caregivers of rising 9th graders: at 7-8pm on Thursday, April 20th on Zoom. Register to get a Zooom link at: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEqc-GhrD8qEtMKL6WcD2IhHYX33upf_fqI
This event is organized by SEPAC caregivers at Cambridge Street Upper School with support of the Cambridge SEPAC.