The Federation for Children with Special Needs has launched a new website that aims to support families of students whose needs are unable to be met within their school district. According to FCSN, this website is designed to benefit:
- Families of children receiving special education services (i.e., on an IEP or 504 Plan) but who do not feel that their child’s needs are being met;
- Parents of have questions about alternative options to their child’s current placement;
- Parents of children with complex needs who may require an alternative school program or private day school;
- Parents considering or already coping with residential placement for their child of any age (including adult children), and would like emotional support for the unique stressors of this experience;
- Professionals working with children with complex challenges wishing to better understand the perspective and needs of families considering and experiencing private placement.
Read more at https://fcsn.org/sepo/