The Cambridge Special EducationParent Advisory Council (SE-PAC) is seeking nominations for PAC officers for the 2018-19 School Year. Any parent or guardian who participates in Cambridge SE-PAC may be nominated for a 1-year term as Chair or Co-Chair, Vice Chair or Secretary.
Candidates may nominate themselves or may be nominated by another PAC member. You may run for a specific office, or may specify an individual or group you are running with. You may also request that the election committee connect you with others who are running to explore running together. Please submit your nomination form by Sept 31, 2018.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work in a collaborative and advocacy role with the CPS Office of Student Services, Administration, and School Committee.
- Serve as a resource to parents and families of children with disabilities and speak on behalf of the PAC in matters of CPS policy or practice.
- Oversee PAC meetings and identify workshop topics, supported by the liaison who is responsible for organizing meetings and workshops and conducting family outreach.
- In general, officers contribute 10-15 hours of your time per month. The SE-PAC leadership team (officers and liaison) work collaboratively to accommodate individual schedules and needs.
Submit a Nomination
Cambridge SE-PAC will be holding elections for this year’s officers at our monthly meeting on Oct. 18. We would love to have you run for office!
- Please see our ballot HERE.