While all Special Education families are part of the Cambridge SE-PAC, the SE-PAC Leadership Team requests that you consider stepping up to serve as an officer to make the team stronger, increase diversity and be more inclusive.
SE-PAC Officers must commit 20 hours per month of their time for the full school year. These hours may include attending meetings and workshops, planning events, providing support and referrals to families, writing statements, among other activities.
Please fill out the below form by Tuesday, July 14th to nominate yourself to be an officer on the Leadership Team.
An election form will be sent out Monday, July 20th with the election ending Wednesday, July 29th. An announcement listing our newly elected Leadership Team will be sent out Friday, July 31st.
As a first step in working toward becoming a more anti-racist and inclusive organization, the role of Co-Chair will be shared among the newly elected Leadership Team members who by taking on a specific role or to help manage the sub-committees listed below.
- Parent/Caregiver Support: Supporting parent/caregiver advocacy and developing a family-to-family mentorship program
- Workshops: Planning and setting priorities for parent/caregiver education
- Outreach & Communication: Communicate with families, district, partner organizations and the public
- School Committee Relations: Attending and organizing attendance at school committee meetings
- Racial Equity: Lead advocacy efforts around racial equity & special education
- Community-Building: Building community among special education parents and caregivers
- Awareness Raising: Organizing and supporting organization of disability awareness activities
- School Relations: Supporting and structuring connections with all CPS schools
- Compliance Monitoring: Taking action related to district legal compliance
- Leadership Development: Empowering leadership skills within the SE-PAC and SE-PAC Board
- Treasurer/Co-Treasurer: Develop and coordinate finances
Even if you’re unable to be part of the Leadership Team, we encourage you to reach out with any concerns to the SE-PAC through the Special Education Liaison, Zuleka Queen-Postell, firstname.lastname@example.org or the SE-PAC Twitter or Facebook pages to ensure that your voice is heard.