On December 3rd, many caregivers attended our workshop: An Introduction of Executive Function for Elementary Families. As a follow-up, we have provided the slide deck, video, and the Q&A from the workshop.
- Google slide deck from the workshop (also attached as a PDF)
- Video Presentation (Presented by Heather Francis, Lead Teacher for Special Start)
- Questions and Answers from the 1-hour workshop (see attachment)
We will post all of these resources on the OSS Website, CPSD Family & Engagement website, and SE-PAC website.
Homework: For the next few weeks, please incorporate some of these strategies Heather Francis presented on Thursday. Visit our Q&A document for more information.
- Set up a regular routine (Visit this link for examples.)
- Use a timer to help students stay focused while completing assignments.
- Reflect with your child during meal times
Upcoming Events: Our next overview session will be held on Thursday, December 17, 2020, from 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. This will be an Introduction to Executive Function for Secondary Families (Grades 6-12). We will send a reminder email and zoom link two days prior to the meeting.